Pancake day has come and gone but who says we can’t have pancakes everyday?!? This recipe is so versatile and you can have it as a delicious breakfast, brunch or snack.
Equipment: You need a bowl, a fork, a pan and a spatula or a food blender.
Food wise you need 1 small (preferably ripe) banana, 40g porridge oats (7.5 level tablespoons), lump of butter or coconut oil and 1 egg, then any toppings you love such as berries & maple syrup as a healthier option or you could grill some bacon or add a drizzle of chocolate sauce!! Yum.
Lazy way: You could throw all the ingredients: banana, oats and egg into a food processor until smooth. *There is nothing wrong with being lazy. Then follow on from step 4 in the Manual way.
1. Mash up the banana using the back of fork, it doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth.
2. Add the egg and whisk together.
3. Next add the porridge oats and stir together. Add extras: 1 tsp cinnamon/protein powder.
4. Heat up the frying pan to a medium heat and melt some butter or coconut oil (1 teaspoon).
5. Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture per pancake into the pan.
6. The pancakes should take about 2 minutes to cook on each side but this will vary based on your cooker.
This recipe should whip up 6-8 small tasty pancakes & then you can pop them on a plate and sprinkle your ingredients all over the top and voila!
In case you want to know 6 small pancakes (not including toppings) are approximately 360 calories.
Hope you enjoy your pancakes with a cup of tea or coffee & tag me in any instagram posts I’d love to see your creations @natbat91x